The meeting was called to order at by Chairman, Don Holden. Also attending were Kathy Brundage, William Cassidy, David Hallenbeck, Robin Julian, Dick Martini, Helen Rowe and Library Director, Amy Lapointe.
The minutes of the previous meeting were approved as read.
LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S REPORT:
· Monthly statistics were presented. (See attached) Amy pointed out that the YTD percentages are still growing.
· Building and Grounds: The DPW is interviewing for a new B & G person to replace Fred Salisbury who has retired. County workers will be spreading bark mulch at the library soon.
· Programming: In addition to the children’s summer reading program an adult summer program along the same theme is being planned. The children’s program will run from June 25 to August 17 which is longer than previous years. Cooper, a therapy trained dog who encourages reading, is scheduled for an appearance. The Traveling Pants program and a pizza party are planned for the teens. Notification on the grant program for the Big Read should come before the end of the month. The extent of the program will depend on whether the grant from the National Endowment of the Arts is received.
· Friends of the Library: Their annual luncheon is May 18. The couch, rug and bean bag chairs for the teen section have arrived. The reception for the Student Art Show was May 6.
· Circulation: Amy has signed the library up for the Library Elf program which manages holds and pre-overdue notices. Concerns of the trustees over privacy issues were raised and Amy will watch this.
· Personnel: Since three pages are graduating Amy is advertising for applicants. Brittany Leonard has done her Senior Project on How to Create a Children’s Book.
Continuing Education for Trustees: Amy attended a seminar on Risk
Old Business: Don reported that he, Robin and Helen met with Amy concerning her goals and accomplishments for the previous year and were pleased with her work. The Library needs to think about 5 year, long range plans to go into the new Master Plan that is currently under study.
New Business: A discussion was held relative to the goals Amy has set for the coming year. (See attached)
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at .
Helen D. Rowe, Secretary
The next meeting will be held on Monday, June 25 at (Please note—this is the 4th Monday of the month instead of the third.)