Minutes of the
The meeting was called to order at by Vice-Chairman, Bob Lown. Also attending
were David Hallenbeck, Tom Head, Richard Martini,
Helen Rowe and Library Director, Amy Lapointe. The minutes of the
Library Director’s Report:
· The monthly statistics were presented. (See Attached) Amy noted that the third quarter online usage was up 14%. Patrons who had library cards; expired for more than three years have been removed from the Patron list. We currently have 9,749 card holders.
· Budget review for 2007 has begun as well as beginning the 2008 budget.
The Friends of the Library sold an out of print
knitting book over the internet for $175.00.
Their annual luncheon is Friday, May 19.
Space is still available for the May 23rd trip to
· Flying bugs that appeared have been sprayed by DPW. The roof has been repaired, but may need to be replaced. The Garden Club anticipates finishing the back garden in May or June. The elevator passed inspection but the telephone needs to be repaired.
· Numerous family activities have been planned for vacation week. A jewelry making workshop for Teens only is planned for May 3. On May 9 Marti Warren will present a program that will include pictures of the Garden Club’s tour.
· The annual conference for NHLTA is Wednesday, April 26. Several Trustees plan to attend.
The Attorney General is having a session for
Library Trustees on Monday, June 12 at
· Amy has accepted the resignations of Carolyn Hottie and Kathe Richardson. The search for replacements has begun with 30 resumes already received. A discussion was held concerning the hours for the jobs as well as on/off desk time. Richard Allen, a page has resigned and the search has begun for a replacement.
Treasurer’s Report: All accounts are where they should be at this point in the year.
.Gifts: The Board unanimously accepted the following gift;
$50 in recognition of the great adult programming.
Technology: Dave attended a session in
Programming: Tom is working on the Boardman Concert program.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at
The next meeting is
Helen D. Rowe, Secretary