The meeting was called to order at by Chairman, Don Holden. Also attending were Kathy Brundage, William Cassidy, David Hallenbeck, Robin Julian, Richard Martini, Helen Rowe and Library Director, Amy Lapointe.
VISITORS: There were no visitors at this meeting.
MINUTES: The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as read.
LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S REPORT:
· Monthly statistics were presented. (See attached) Amy passed out a copy of her annual report for the Town’s Annual Report.
· Building concerns: Discussions are underway to provide a place in the library for a public access origination point. Supposedly Comcast is funding this.
· Children and adult programs are underway. Letters are being sent to local businesses soliciting prizes for the children’s program for the summer. The Curriculum Committee of Souhegan High School is encouraging summer reading for the students. The Big Read will occur again in the spring of 2009. We will participate.
GMILCS will be voting on an automation system. The recommended system is Polaris Automating
System. If it is approved Amy expects
the migration to occur at the end of August.
New features on the web for patrons include the ability to add comments in
the catalog and to request
· Amy has met with Tucker Library interiors about installing slatwall end panels on the stacks. The Friends of the Library are giving money for this project. Amy also reported that the Friends of the Library recently sold 4 books on line for $400.00. Jackie has decreased the size of the juvenile reference collection which has allowed a location for the new juvenile graphic novel collection.
· New NHLTA handbooks were passed out. These will replace the old ones currently in use by the Trustees.
· Amy reminded us to vote on March 11.
TREASURER’S REPORT. We are currently under budget in expenses and over budget in anticipated revenue. The CD’s are all current.
GIFTS: Gifts in the amount of $213.68 were unanimously accepted. (see attached) The public having been given notice of the receipt of two gifts of $10,000 each, the Board unanimously accepted the two gifts. Dick will investigate investing these two gifts into CDs.
PROGRAMS: No report
TECHNOLOGY: No report
· There was no Old Business.
· There was no New Business.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at
Helen D. Rowe, Secretary
The next meeting will be held on